MY MORNING ROUTINE VS MY GOALS MORNING ROUTINE

 Like many young women of my generation, I find binge watching morning routines, evening routines or day in the life vlogs on You-tube, Instagram and TikTok awe-fully satisfying.Some of the routines I watch are so dreamy and so far-fetched in my reality that I can only dream of,while only a few of them are relatable.These routines have fanciful titles like Minimalist Morning routine, Healthy and mindful evening routine, Slow living daily routine. Although I enjoy watching these, I am often left wondering if I will ever wake up and live such beautiful and romantic routines because my morning,evening or daily routines, no matter what day are not at all dreamy or charming.














MY DREAM MORNING ROUTINE

With a little planning, your morning routine can help you have a great day ahead.My alarm goes off at 5, I immediately get out of bed and put on some soft, calming music.I then make coffee and read my emails while I'm taking my morning fuel.Then I put on a workout video and do a 20 minute cardio workout.Then for breakfast I make a healthy smoothie that I will pack and have at my work for tea break.When I'm done with preparing breakfast, I proceed to do my daily morning skin care routine, which I am obsessed with.I then take a warm shower,get dressed and ready to leave the house at 07:15. Whilst in a taxi to work, I listen to my favorite audio book or podcast depending on the day. THE END.

As you can see by the tittle above, this is but a dream, it sounds perfect and satisfying,but this morning routine is far from my reality.This is my reality:

MY REAL LIFE MORNING ROUTINE

My alarm clock goes on at 06:10 am,with me snoozing it for another ten minutes or more.
I then wake up between 06:20 and 06:30 am, with my eyes half closed and feeling extremely tired I make up my bed.I must add that I am not a morning person,even a fly would not dare touch me when I wake up,I always look all grumpy and so not charming.
I then drag myself to the bathroom,and laboriously brush my teeth, with constant sitting on the bathtub through out the process.
Immersing myself in a warm water filled bathtub ,I then start to gain some energy and actually see the "light".  After a 20 -30 minutes shower I rush back to my room to apply lotion and find something to wear,all these done in a rush.Some days there is a bit of ironing I need to do,some days I am so fortunate I pick clothes that do not need any ironing.
By the time I am done dressing, I am out of breath.I then drink a glass of water, and leave my house to catch a taxi to work usually between 07:25 am and 07:30 am.I sit silently in a taxi, with constant thinking of my life problems,watching and judging strangers as the taxi takes me to work.The end. 

As you see there is no point in my routine where I light candles, drink lemon water or burn a beautiful smelling incense.There is no music or workout, no podcast or reading of anything.
This is not to say I am a lost case. As I mentioned earlier I would like to live a different reality, mindful living. My friend tells me I will become who I want to become, because deep down I am who I dream of becoming.





 

Comments

Anonymous said…
If this is not my life.lol

Popular posts from this blog

GRANNY DEAREST

EASY, CREAMY ORANGE SCONES