FRIENDS

A cold, windy August afternoon, I'm sitting behind our house,shielding myself from the uncompromising wind ,I raise my eyes to the road only to be met with an unexpected sight. A friend, my best friend carrying a luggage bag,dressed in 'travel' clothes .She is with a stranger( a stranger to me,family to her), panic hits me!!
I shout to ask her, "where are you going "?
" Im going to Shoshong " she replies back. 
"When are you coming back? "I asked her
"I'm going to take a while," she replies excitedly. 
.....And a while would turn out to be 3 years..
A friend,gone ,just like that,without saying goodbye....

I was ten years at the time, when I " lost " my best friend since birth,it was perhaps one of the saddest days of my life ,I remember sitting in the sun crying. 22 years to date windy days bring some form of sadness to me, a feeling of loss and abandonment. Isn't it amusing that I thought I would never make friends? ,that I thought my life was over...how wrong my young heart was! !

Through the years since that day I have met and made countless friendships, and out of every friendship made or lost ,I have learnt a lesson, that sometimes it is okay to let go of or lose some friends,but most importantly I have learnt that true friends never leave or are never lost,they are precious and worth treasuring. 

I'm now 32 years, single and without a child  (IT IS NOT A CURSE ),and i'm 
truly blessed with great friends ,in many ways the friends I made have forged and shaped my personality, for the good and for the bad ( not bad bad)*insert a smile emoji*......
Isn't it true that good friends become your cheerleaders, they inspire and 
encourage you to be a greater version of yourself. They push you to believe 
in yourself and to be a better human.
I'm blessed to have such friends, whom I feel at peace and at home around.
Every single one of them (ba ikitse) .
I'm looking forward to many years of our friendship. ..

It is interesting to note that my friend from the beginning did come back eventually, we did try to reconnect, to pick up where we left off, but our attachment had waned with time...

Quotes on friendship : 

A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admire the flowers in your garden.

A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths.


What are your favourite  best friend quotes, please share!!! 


Pic cred:Pixabay






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY MORNING ROUTINE VS MY GOALS MORNING ROUTINE

GRANNY DEAREST

EASY, CREAMY ORANGE SCONES